Tarp Hacks: The Ingenious Uses of Tarps in Everyday LifeAugust 25, 2023 | By longshot-admin
When most people think of tarps, they might imagine a simple sheet of material used to cover a woodpile or a boat. But at Longshot Enterprises, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of what tarps can do for the last 23 years. From chicken coops to wind turbines, our tarps have found their way into a myriad of unexpected and innovative applications. Here are some of the most ingenious “tarp hacks” we’ve been a part of:
1. Chicken Coop Covers: Chickens, like all of us, prefer a comfortable living environment. Our tarps have been used to create protective covers for chicken coops, ensuring our feathered friends are shielded from harsh weather conditions while still enjoying ample ventilation.
2. Mesh AC Covers: Air conditioning units are essential, especially during those sweltering summer months. But they can also be vulnerable to debris and external damage. Enter our mesh AC covers, designed to protect these units while ensuring they function at their best.
3. Equipment Protectors: The working man’s tools are his pride and joy. Generators, welders, air compressors – these are the machines that keep industries running. Our tarps are crafted to protect these valuable pieces of equipment from the elements, ensuring longevity and optimal performance.
4. Clean Transportation: Manufacturing companies often face the challenge of transporting their products without contamination. Our tarps have been used to safely ship items like Evaporative Cooling Towers and commodities, ensuring they reach their destination in pristine condition.
5. Air Flow Directors: The science of airflow is complex, but the solutions can be elegantly simple. Our tarps have been employed in refrigeration trailers to direct airflow efficiently. They’ve even found their way onto wind turbines, aiding in clean energy creation.
6. Space Dividers: Need to divide a large space without constructing a permanent wall? Our heavy-duty tarps have been used as curtains in gymnasiums, creating flexible spaces that can be adapted to various needs.
7. Ventilation Solutions: Farms, especially those housing dairy, hogs, and chickens, require specialized ventilation to ensure the health of the animals. Our tarps have been innovatively used to provide optimal airflow, ensuring a healthy environment for livestock.
The versatility of tarps is truly astounding, and at Longshot Enterprises, we’re proud to be at the forefront of these innovative applications. Over the past two decades, we’ve seen tarps evolve from simple covers to essential tools in a variety of industries. As we look to the future, we’re excited to discover even more “tarp hacks” that make life easier, more efficient, and more sustainable.
If you have an unconventional use for a tarp or a unique challenge that you think a tarp might solve, reach out to us. After all, thinking outside the box (or tarp) is what we do best!